Journeys is a medically essential service. We have taken measures recommended by the CDC to help prevent the spread of viruses. The following are measures that we have implemented since the start of the pandemic:
- Social Distancing Therapy Rooms Treatment rooms to accommodate one to two children per room except in oversize rooms.
- Temperature and Symptom Checks All employees and children have their temperatures taken before entering a building. Any individuals who have a temperature of 99.9 or higher, or show any virus symptoms will not be permitted to enter the center.
- Masks All employees must have a mask on before entering a building. Masks will be worn all day by staff and as tolerated by clients.
- Program Modification Children will no longer eat together in the lunchroom and some group programs will temporarily be eliminated (like group time). Instead, children will eat in their room at their desks and social programs will be done with a therapist as opposed to with other children. This will ensure minimal contact in group spaces.
- Extra Sanitation Extra employees are on-site sanitizing all common surfaces (doorknobs, handles, bathrooms, kitchens, etc) multiple times a day.
- Outside visitors Journeys will temporarily suspend any outside visitors. Parent meetings will be done either via telehealth or in a separate area away from the clients.
We will continue to follow up with CDC recommendations as new developments become available.